Yield: 2 servings or 1 & 3/4 cups
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, chilled if possible
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp GOOD tasting vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined and no clumpy bits remain.
- Place bowl in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight, to thicken and chill.
- Serve with raisins, walnuts, or crushed ginger cookies if desired.
Approx nutritional info [per serving (serves 2) without protein powder and with 1 tbsp maple syrup]: 137 kcals, 6 grams fat, 23 grams carbs, 10 grams sugar, 4 grams protein, 10 grams fibre.
[per serving, with 2 tbsp maple syrup and without protein powder] 189 kcals, 6 grams fat, 30 grams carbs, 4 grams protein, 16 grams sugar, 10 grams fibre.
If using protein powder, add about 30-40 calories per tablespoon, but this will of course vary on the brand you use.