- 15 ounces extra-firm tofu
- ½ cup diced yellow onion (about ½ of 1 small onion)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (whole grain if possible)
- 2 tablespoons regular yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons dairy free mayo (I use Organic Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish (dill works too)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- favorite bread (gluten free, if desired)
- Cut the tofu into 3 sections lengthwise. Using paper towel, press onto the tofu to remove any excess moisture. Flip the tofu over and repeat until you can get most of the moisture out.
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu into a large bowl and add with the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard, yellow mustard, mayo, relish, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, celery seed, sea salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon until combined thoroughly.
- Pour the sauce over tofu mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the “egg” salad onto bread and enjoy.
Nutrition information for “Egg” salad serving only; does not include bread.