Chilled Spring Cucumber-Dill Salad with Cashews and Quinoa
- For the salad:
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 12 large asparagus spears
- 1 large cucumber
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews
- For the dressing:
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon country Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced dill
- Place the quinoa and water in a small pot, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa fluffs up with a fork. If water evaporates completely, add more in tablespoons.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, immediately transfer to a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably for 12 or more hours.
- While quinoa chills, prepare the rest: peel the asparagus using a vegetable peeler and set aside. Then, spiralize the cucumbers with Blade B or C. Pat the noodles dry thoroughly, using paper towels. Roughly chop the cashews. Set the asparagus, cucumber noodles, asparagus and cashews aside in the refrigerator in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Once the quinoa is done chilling, add it to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients, pour over the vinaigrette and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or chill again in the refrigerator for future use.