20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced ginger
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5 oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red potato
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, optional to garnish
- Place a medium saucepot over medium-high heat and add the oil. Once oil is shimmering, add the ginger, onion and carrot and let cook for 3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in the broccoli, curry powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes and stir constantly until the vegetables are coated with the spices.
- Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes to begin to soften the vegetables.
- While curry cooks, peel and spiralize the potatoes with Blade D. Trim the noodles with kitchen shears and place in a bowl of cold water and set aside until ready to use, if necessary.
- After cooking the curry for 5 minutes, drain the potato noodles (if you submerged them in water) and add them into the curry. Stir to combine and let simmer for 7 minutes or until potato noodles are cooked through and al dente.
- Fold in the cilantro, if using, and then ladle the curry into bowls.