· 2 cans (15oz) of Low Sodium Kidney Beans
· 1 cup of Rolled Oats
· 1 cup of cooked Brown Rice
· ¼ Cup of Tomato Sauce
· ½ tsp Garlic Powder
· ½ tsp Onion Powder
· ½ tsp Mrs Dash
1. Rinse and drain the beans thoroughly and then pour them into a large bowl.
2. Mash them well until you almost got refried beans. It’s ok to leave some chunks in. I used an old-fashioned (like grandma used to use) potato masher. It’s a bit of work – but it gets the job done. If you want to use a Food Processor – just don’t overdo it – we really don’t want refried goo. Just mashed.
3. Add the oatmeal, rice, sauce, and spices.
4. Make sure your hands are clean and dig in – mix and squeeze. Just like mom used to make her meatloaf.
5. Once mixed well – form and shape into patties.
6. Important Part! Place the burgers on a plate in the fridge and forget about them for at least 20 minutes. This allows them to set up and get firm.