Ingredients(Makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (see note)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (can use 1 tsp if you love the flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a blender or with a immersion blender and deep cup, add all ingredients (starting with 2 tsp of maple syrup) and process until smooth and creamy. If using a high-powered blender, this will smooth out very quickly. If using a standard blender/immersion blender, it will take a few minutes of blending. Once smooth, taste, and sweeten/season to taste. Makes about 1 cup.
- Cashews Note: I soak cashews in advance, in batches, as they take about 4 hours to soak through. But, once you have a large batch soaked, you can store them in the fridge – or better – the freezer. They can be used straight from the freezer in recipes!
- Ideas: For adults, try this dressing massaged into a kale salad with avocado, mandarin segments, sliced green onions, and cubed avocado. Also, drizzle it over cooked quinoa or add a little fresh ginger and toss into rice noodles.
Recipe by Plant-Powered Kitchenat http://plantpoweredkitchen.com